REPRESENTATION AND ADVOCACY
Proxigas carries out institutional representation of the natural gas sector through local, national, and European organizations, independent authorities, technical reference entities, the associated members both national and European, and in general all delegates in the energy sector. The Association also effectuates business representation activities vis-à-vis trade unions through the stipulation of the Gas-Water CCNL.
ASSISTANCE TO MEMBER COMPANIES
Proxigas monitors the updating of legal and regulatory frameworks in its various areas of expertise and provides support for their interpretation and application.
The Association, using its organizational structure, provides assistance and advice on specific issues and problems.
PROXIGAS ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
- 500 information circulars for Associates
- More than 200 technical committee meetings
- Some 50 position papers intended for institutions
- Participation at circa 100 technical and institutional tables, events, and conferences
PARTICIPATION IN ASSOCIATION ACTIVITIES, INFORMATION SERVICES AND SUPPORT
Proxigas fosters the member community by creating opportunities and moments of discussion for associate companies on the most current issues of interest and by coordinating the conduct of association operations in the various overseen areas.
Member companies have:
- The opportunity to participate in seminars, meetings and events organized by the Association and to access the documentation produced on these occasions
- Access to Proxigas commissions and working groups that ensure:
- Monitoring and presiding over issues of competence
- The opportunity to participate in meetings in which association positions are defined and in which problems and issues that emerge in relation to the topics raised by member companies are discussed in depth.
Proxigas offers member companies a range of services for comprehensive and up-to-date information on association activities, press articles related to the energy sector, and to the legislative, regulatory, and technical aspects related to natural gas.
In particular, for member companies Proxigas procures and distributes:
- The daily press review, both national and industry specialist
- ProxiGasNews, a monthly newsletter updating on association activities and providing in-depth coverage of energy issues
- Update circulars related to the different areas managed by the Association
Proxigas also offers member companies access to the private area of the website where they can view all documents produced within the Association (circulars, position papers, studies, and research), tax deadlines and the press review archive.
Proxigas member companies have:
- The opportunity to take advantage of discounts and concessions for participation in workshops organized by external companies and sponsored by Proxigas
- Access to agreements stipulated by Confindustria with more than 30 partners and, with particular reference to the sector, access to the convention for subscription to and consultation of the complete collection of UNI standards.
TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
All companies in the natural gas industry, in whatever form they are incorporated, may join the Association as Full Members:
- Those which operate transportation, storage, regasification, and distribution infrastructure
- That carry out trading or sales activities in the end or wholesale market
Associative, entrepreneurial and/or professional entities whose activities are complementary and instrumental to the activities of the actual members may join the Association as Aggregate Members.